Information Technology Engineer
Pattern Matched Technologies™ (Pty) Ltd as an award-winning WASP (Wireless Application Service Provider), telecommunications, and Fintech development house, is seeking to employ an Information Technology Engineer. The successful candidate will be joining a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment where they will be a key player with the implementation, deployment, and support of the company infrastructure and networks. The applicant will be required to work in a fast-paced environment with knowledge of various IT technologies.
Pattern Matched Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
- 3+ years of working experience as a systems, networking, or infrastructure engineer in relevant fields
- 3+ years of experience with Linux/Unix
- 3+ years of experience with Networking
- Cloud Computing/ Containerised environments advantageous
- Software Tools – Project Tracking Tools, Ticketing System
- Bash Scripting
- Possess at least one Engineer level certification in systems, security, networking or cloud
- Systems – Linux, Unix
- Cloud Computing – AWS
- Virtualisation – VMWare
- Networking and Security – Fortigate, Juniper, Cisco, CompTIA
- Good teamwork skills.
- Well-spoken in English with good communication skills
- Individual drive and mental alertness.
- Methodical, thorough attention to detail.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Time management.
- Appreciation of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and optimising the network
- Maintain connectivity and network uptime and availability
- Monitoring and troubleshooting bandwidth and connectivity issues
- Following change management processes
- Troubleshooting operating system issues
- Reviewing server logs
- Ensuring Server availability and physical infrastructure maintenance
- Supporting end-users (MacOS, Windows)
Key Roles and Accountabilities:
- Systems and network implementation and deployment across multiple security levels.
- Assisting end-users with hardware and application-related queries and issues.
- Set-up of physical machines for end-users.
- Perform implementation and maintenance tasks.
- Capture technical and business requirements; logical and physical design of the solution to ensure appropriate technology is acquired and implemented.
- Investigate and implement automatisation where possible to alleviate day-to-day workloads.
- Remain informed of new technical developments and cyber trends in the industry.
- Work with team members, third parties, and clients to define and deploy technology solutions.
- Standby and after-hours work required.
- Assist with the creation of documentation such as system design documentation, topology diagrams, and interface specifications.
- Day-to-day activities of monitoring applications, system and network logs, vulnerabilities, and general server maintenance.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues via email, telephone, and remote sessions.
- Work as part of an on-call rotation providing out-of-hours’ support
- Microsoft And Office 365
- Virtualization Technology / VMware.
- Strong Familiarity with Linux – CentOS
- Strong Familiarity with Networking Infrastructure – Switches and Firewalls.
- AWS skills and certifications are highly desired.
- Knowledge of SNMP, SMTP, DNS, AD, LAN, and WAN Technologies.
Remote work policies have been in place since our inception. PMT offers flexible working locations as well as a strong foundation & structure that supports remote work.
However, the candidate would need to reside in Johannesburg or surrounding areas and be capable of travelling to the PMT data centre’s
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.