Pattern Matched Technologies™ is seeking to appoint a Developer/s to join our dynamic and experienced team of developers.
The candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the below:
• Analysis – Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
• Detailed Analysis – Perform iterative analysis cycle with regards to technical specification.
• Design – Perform coding to written technical specifications.
• Adhere to the Development SDLC process.
• Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
• Create and maintain technical documentation. (removed: using defined technical documentation templates )
• Provision of breakdowns and estimates
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
• Understanding and improvement of existing development modules.
• Ensure the best possible performance, security, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
• Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
• Perform changes, maintenance programming, and correction of identified defects.
• Ensure code is peer-reviewed for each change.
• Ensure merge requests are created and peer-reviewed
• Ensure update of project documentation
• Maintain project pre-production environments.
• Environment setup and maintenance
• Maintain project implementation notes
• Confluence of system and project documentation.
• Identify inefficiencies and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Help maintain code quality, coding standards and integrity.
• Unit testing of own development
• Communication with project management team and updating timekeeping and project tracking/management systems as per company requirements.
• Communicate handovers to ITS and relevant parties
• Assist in peer development training in both process and standards.
• Development change control creation and reviews
• Active participation in daily scrum meeting and weekly planning.
• Adhere to Department and Company policy and procedure.
• Communication with ITS and Operations teams to facilitate Customer Relations Management.
The person applying for the job should have the following criteria met:
Competencies and Skills:
• Functional programming experience
• Mac OSX and Unix Terminal experience; creating bash scripts, using Unix tools such as sed, awk and grep.
• Main development language is Erlang. Experience is preferred.
• Adequate troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Adequate version control knowledge (GIT, Subversion, CVS)
• Adequate knowledge of an RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL (preferred), SQL Server, Sybase)
• Knowledge and understanding of various communications protocols (TCP IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP)
• Knowledge and understanding of various data transmission formats (XML-RPC, SOAP, ReST, Swagger)
• Detailed understanding of financial and GSM systems beneficial
• Knowledge of the banking environment is beneficial
• Knowledge of the ISO8583 protocol is beneficial
• Understanding of internal development processes
• Knowledge of communications protocols is beneficial
A degree or diploma and/or relevant experience qualifying the candidate as above a Junior standard.
Annexure A: Key Performance Indicators
|Stakeholder engagement||Communication with the project management team and updating timekeeping and project tracking/management systems as per company requirements.
Communication with ITS and Operations teams to facilitate Customer Relations Management.
|Requirements management||Analysis – Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
Detailed Analysis – Perform iterative analysis cycle with regards to technical specification.
Design – Perform coding to written technical specifications.
|Maintenance||Ensure update of project documentation
Maintain project pre-production environments.
Environment setup and maintenance
Maintain project implementation notes
Confluence of system and project documentation.
|Coding||Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
Understanding and improvement of existing development modules.
Ensure the best possible performance, security, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
|Team development||Contribute to the development of the team through knowledge transfer|
|Internal processes||Contribute to the development of the team through knowledge transfer|
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.