Pattern Matched Technologies™ (Pty) Ltd as an award-winning WASP (Wireless Application Service Provider), telecommunications, and Fintech development house, is seeking to employ a DevOps engineer. The candidate must have expertise in the design and development of applications on AWS. The successful candidate will be joining a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment where they will be key players with technical development responsibilities. A candidate for this position will be a self-starter who values their work and that of their team members.
Pattern Matched Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer with knowledge in building and scaling services in AWS, that will help our team establish DevOps practice. You’ll be working with the engineering team whilst focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. You will work closely with the project leads and executive team to identify and establish DevOps practices in the company.
A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code.
You will establish configuration management, automate our infrastructure, implement continuous integration, and train the team in DevOps best practices to achieve a continuously deployable system so that we can build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure. You’ll implement monitoring for automated system health checks.
You will work as part of a team developing applications and services using Agile development methods.
- Implement and own the CI.
- Manage CD tooling.
- Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting.
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code.
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools.
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas.
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization.
- AWS Certified DevOps.
- At least 5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, EKS, S3, CloudWatch).
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements.
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with CloudFormation and Helm Charts.
- A solid foundation of networking and routing.
- Experience with Kubernetes (AWS EKS), Docker, Bitbucket, Bitbucket Pipelines (or similar), and deploying applications on AWS.
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Strong bias for action and ownership.
- Working knowledge of using Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Familiar with data analytics services such as AWS Kinesis and AWS Redshift.
- Latent desire and/or curiosity in related domains like software development, front-end engineering, security, or project management.
- Remote work policies have been in place since our inception. PMT offers flexible working locations as well as a strong foundation & structure that supports remote work.
To apply for this job email your details to DevOpsJobs@patternmatched.com.