Senior Business Analyst
Pattern Matched Technologies™ (Pty) Ltd as an award-winning WASP (Wireless Application Service Provider), telecommunications, and Fintech development house, based in the Centurion area is seeking to appoint a Senior Business Analyst to join our dynamic and experienced team.
The business analyst collaborates with architects and developers to ascertain the technical solution designs and analyse trade-offs between business needs and system constraints. Communicates with external and internal parties to analyse the business case, functional requirements and deliver the necessary artefacts as needed or agreed on; High Level Analysis Specification, User Story, Screen, and Interface designs, System/ Sequence flows, and Context views. Work with the quality assurance team to develop acceptance criteria, by providing support and input into the development of test cases.
Pattern Matched Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
The candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the below:
- Attend meetings with relevant notes and minutes taken and documented for future use. Where workshops or JAD sessions are held, the business analyst is responsible for the competency areas outlined in the latest version of BABOK regarding elicitation, as well as PMT Product information
- Management of Key Decisions, Open Issues and Risks with regards to projects and working with Operations on its impact.
- Facilitate Requirement Elicitation process with the Client to understand functional requirements.
- Produce the High-Level Analysis and User Story Specification documents as specified in the PMT SDLC
- Ascertain architectural design with inputs from the Senior Architect(s), Product and or System owners as well as the CTO, while ensuring that the solution takes various future iterations into account in the design.
- Conduct and manage internal workshops with Developers, Testers and IT to communicate requirements, convey the scope of the project and assist them to clarify questions on Phases for development and implementation.
- Convey requirements in different levels of detail, technical proficiency and points of view utilizing standardized modelling tools.
- The incumbent will be required to become an SME on the various product sets in PMT and will likely be enabled to become an analysis owner for the solution, designing roadmap items for future releases and adapting the systems for Client needs accordingly.
- Assist with training where required in various areas of the business regarding key technical and product-related knowledge as well as key skill sets.
- Assist Software Project Management and Architectural functions with relating Business Analysis information in the Project Life Cycle
- Vet the sanity of test cases and methodologies presented by Quality Assurance testing engineers
- Form an integral part of the internal systems testing process. The BA will be required to test and approve new features. This will be a collaborative effort between the BA as well as the Test Analyst assigned to the project, who will also manage the internal system testing cycle.
- Plan and enforce Business analysis management procedures (Business analysis planning and monitoring BABOK)
- Assist with documentation of PMT Product sets
- Stay abreast of development in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth
- Add value to PMT and seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems
- Enable skilling and required corrective action to take place by sharing knowledge and industry trends with the team
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/ or enhanced processes that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses. Ensure team success. Promote and contribute to the BA team as well as the organisation’s centre of excellence
- Deliver systems, products, and projects by applying the standard, approved PMT Business Analysis (BA) methodology
- Actively promote and contribute to the organisation’s Business Analysis (BA) centre of excellence in defining the BA practices for the organisation
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of development methodologies, i.e.: Agile
- Business process modelling/BPMN
- Unified Modelling Language
- Manage requirements and scope
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Communication and interaction skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA qualification (IIBA endorsed institution), an added advantage
- Previously held a Senior or Managerial position as a BA or related role
- Proven Agile Scrum experience, an added advantage
- Technical proficiency and background, an added advantage
Remote work policies have been in place since our inception. PMT offers flexible working locations as well as a strong foundation & structure that supports remote work
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.